Did you know that the Arizona Talking Book Library provides free services to those in need? They serve the following individuals:
- Arizona residents with low vision, making it difficult to read standard print
- Those who find it hard to hold or handle a print book
- Individuals who have a reading disability resulting from organic dysfunction
- Lending Library: including audio books and magazines; movies with audio descriptions; and Braille books and magazines by postage free mail
- Loan of special equipment to play audio books
- Audio and Braille book downloads (BARD)
- Access to NFB-NEWSLINE® and over 300 newspapers and magazines by phone and online.
Applications are available online or at your local library.
Please visit the Arizona Talking Book Library or the National Library Service for the Blind and Handicapped website for more information.
You may contact the Arizona Talking Book Library over the phone:
- 602-255-5578 (Phoenix metro area)
- 800-255-5578 (Toll Free within AZ)
*The Pinal County Library District also has two readers (see below) that can be sent out to member libraries in order to demonstrate with patrons. If you would like to borrow one, please contact us at email@example.com