Social Software is defined as any web application, site or account created and maintained by Pinal County Library District (District) which facilitates an environment for library staff and library users to share opinions and information about library related subjects/issues. The District recognizes and respects differences in opinion.
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
1. Comments, posts and messages are welcome and will be reviewed before publishing. The District will remove the following before publishing:
• Obscene or racist content
• Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
• Potentially libelous statements
• Plagiarized material
• Private, personal information published without consent
• Comments totally unrelated to the content of the forum
• Hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion
• Commercial promotions or spam
2. By posting content, the user agrees to indemnify the District and its officers and employees from and against all liabilities, judgments, damages, and costs (including attorney’s fees) incurred by any of them which arise out of or are related to the posted content.
3. Forums and messaging may not be used for commercial purposes or for organized political activity.
4. The District reserves the right to monitor content before it is posted on all their social software web sites and accounts, and to modify or remove any messages or postings that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be abusive, defamatory, in violation of the copyright, trademark right, or other intellectual property right of any third party, or otherwise inappropriate for the service.
5. The District reserves the right to edit or modify any submissions in response to requests for feedback or other commentary. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the District is not obligated to take any such actions, and will not be responsible or liable for content posted by any subscriber in any forum, message board, or other area within the service.
6. If any user does not agree to these terms, they are not to use the service as violation of the terms can lead to legal liability.