A Universe of Stories
2019 Summer Reading Program Theme
Readers of all ages will explore all things space this summer as libraries throughout Pinal County presents “A Universe of Stories” during their summer library program. Activities may include costume creation, group games, space-related crafts, art projects, science and engineering experiments, and more.
Here are some resources for an out of this world journey through our 2019 Summer Reading Program.
Reading Is a Blast!
Booklists on the themes of astronomy, science fact and fiction, and the history of space exploration:
The 2019 Summer Reading Program is open to young people, preschool through young adult, with programs, prize drawings, storytimes, a reading club, and more. Families are invited to join the Read-to-Me portion of the program. Registration for “A Universe of Stories” begins on May 28th, 2019. All programs are free of charge.
Check out our calendar of events for all listings.
Some additional resources for Pinal County Librarians
- Demonstrating the Value of Summer Reading
- Collaborative Summer Reading Program Website
- Arizona Summer Reading Basics An Overview
- Using the Collaborative SRP Resources
- More training resources from Arizona State Library
- Libraries and Summer Food
- 2019 Teen Video Challenge
- 2019 Final ARP Evaluation
- Summer Reading Patron Survey (English)
- Summer Reading Patron Survey (Spanish)