There’s no escaping E.L. James’ fan-fiction-to-self-published-bestselling series Fifty Shades. The cat-and-mouse game between innocent, clumsy Ana and billionaire philanthropist Christian Grey has captured the world’s attention and whether you love it or hate it, it looks like it’s here to stay. The movie, based on the first book in the series, will be released on Friday, February 13, 2015. Have you already read the Fifty Shades trilogy and want to read something similar while waiting for the movie? Then below are a few titles that might be of interest. Would you rather listen than read? The Fifty Shades trilogy is also available as a downloadable audiobook from OneClick Digital!
If you enjoyed Fifty Shades, try…
- The Sleeping Beauty trilogy by Anne Rice (published as A. N. Roquelaure) – Begin with The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty.
- The “Surrender” trilogy by Maya Banks – Begin with Sweet Surrender
- The “You” series by Sylvia Day – Begin with Bared to You
- Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
- The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward – Begin with Dark Lover.
- Kushiel’s Legacy by Jacqueline Carey – Begin with Kushiel’s Dart.
- Addicted by Zane – Or try other works by Zane.
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- The Blacktop Cowboys series by Lorelie James – Begin with Corralled.
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- The “Pleasure” series by Lora Leigh – Begin with Forbidden Pleasure.
- Never Too Much by Lori Foster
- The Meredith Gentry series by Laurell Hamilton – Begin with A Kiss of Shadows.
- The Siren by Tiffany Reisz
- Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller
- Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife: Pride and Prejudice Continues by Linda Berdoll
- The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber
- On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves
From around the web:
- RT Book Reviews – Fifty Shades of Grey
- The Daily Beast – 50 Shades of Grey Mania
- Dear Author – Fifty Shades Primer and If You Like…
- Shelf Awareness – Further Reading: More Shades
- The Guardian (UK) – Erotica: Better Reads than Fifty Shades of Grey
- 50 Shades of Infographic by Neomam