Into the Darkest Corner is an awesome first novel by Elizabeth Haynes. She takes us from the present to a few years in the past, alternating chapters as she leads us to understand why Cathy, a young London woman, has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder — why she is constantly checking doors, windows, and the silverware drawer. The psychological thrills build and build until the very end, making it almost impossible to stop reading. Elizabeth Haynes is definitely an author to watch!
Looking for more psychological thrillers? Try…
- Blue Monday by Nicci French
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton
- Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson
- The Playdate by Louise Millar